INTERFAITH CHORAL FESTIVAL TO BENEFIT EASTON’S MOST VULNERABLE RESIDENTS
Religion can often divide communities, but not in Easton. Eleven choirs, one hundred forty-five voices strong, will join forces on Sunday, November 22nd for a musical celebration. For the first time in the history of the festival, the Church of the Latter Day Saints will take part.
Together, the choirs will perform John Rutter’s “This Is The Day,” composed for the wedding of HRH Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton, as well as “America, the Beautiful."
The choirs are coming together to support ProJeCt of Easton. ProJeCt is an interfaith initiative in downtown Easton, offering much-needed emergency assistance, a food program, community supportive services, and educational programs to over 5,000 disadvantaged children and adults each year.
The participating choirs come from:
• First United Church of Christ
• St. Anthony of Padua Roman Catholic Church
• St. John’s Church on Morgan Hill
• St. Jane Frances De Chantal Roman Catholic Church
• Temple Covenant of Peace
• St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
• Good Shepherd Evangelical Lutheran Church
• Easton Ward of the Church of Latter Day Saints
• B’nai Abraham Synagogue
• First Presbyterian Church
• Trinity Episcopal Church
The Festival is followed by a reception. Admission is free, and a donation is welcomed.